Media and speaking
I’m happy to consider contributing to media, blogs, conferences, and other educational efforts.
“Resistance through anarcha-radfem tactics” presentation for Fuse: A radical feminist analysis of violence against women in Melbourne, Australia via Skype, Nov 2012
“Pornstitution: Harms of the legal prostitution industries” panelist for Social Justice Feminism Responds to Coerced and Commoditized Sex at University of Cincinnati’s Social Justice Feminism Conference, Oct 2012
“Tactics for anti-sex industry activism: an anarcha-radfeminist primer” keynote for Portland, OR conference RadFem Reboot 2012, July 2012
“Manufactured Contempt: Pornography’s eroticized inequality” presenter at Oregon State University’s Interdisciplinary Conference on Sex Trafficking: Researching Vulnerable Populations, Feb 2012
“Porn and its effects on Sex Trafficking” guest speaker for nonprofit organization POLE Gems, Feb 2012
“Sex, pornography, prostitution, trafficking & the sexualization of young girls” guest speaker on WBAI Radio New York show Equal Time for Freethought, Nov 2011
“Radical Activist Strategies: Zero risk through high risk acts of resistance and reclamation” session at the SCUM Conference in Perth, Western Australia, Sept 2011
“Anti-Porn Internet Activism: A History” slide show and lecture for the 3nd Stop Porn Culture conference at Wheelock College, June 2011.
“Anti-Pornstitution Activism on the Internet” lecture for 2nd Stop Porn Culture conference at Wheelock College June 2010.
“Paying For It: Understanding the Personal and Societal Costs of Prostitution” workshop for the 34th National Conference on Men and Masculinity at Portland State University, Oct 2009.
“Pornstitution: Sexual Capitalism in the 21st Century” benefit lecture for In Other Words bookstore, Feb 2009
“Pornstitution: The Harms Brought Home” human trafficking panelist at the University of Portland, Nov 2008
“Pornstitution: Sexual Capitalism’s New Frontier” slide show for the Beyond Patriarchy conference at the University of Oregon, May 2008
“Pornstitution: How the sex Industry is a seamless web” speech at the Concordia College Lyceum on prostitution, Oct 2007
“A Radical Feminist Perspective on Prostitution” interview on The F Files program for radio station 88.7FM, WNHU West Haven, Sept. 2007
“Pornstitution: Sexual Capitalism’s New Frontier” slide show for the Against Patriarchy conference at the University of Oregon, May 2007
“Crashing Waves: Young Feminists Working Against Prostitution” lecture at the 4th annual Prostitution, Sex Work, and the Commercial Sex Industry conference at the University of Toledo, Sept. 2006
“Prostitution as a Human Rights Issue” guest co-host on Feminist Front Radio for Portland Indymedia Web Radio, Jan. 2006
“Introduction to Pornstitution” seminars given to two classes each quarter at Clark College in Vancouver, WA, Nov. 2005 through Feb. 2010
- Norwegian prostitution research solid like iceberg
- New research shows violence decreases under Nordic model: Why the radio silence?
- Who votes against decriminalizing prostituted children?
- Radfem Reboot Wrap-up
- Christine Stark’s “Nickels”, a tale of association
- The Internet Swear Jar
- Feminism and Occupy Portland
- Three days of radical feminist SCUM
- On the Feminists-in-Underwear Walks
- Scotland: Don’t be like US
- New coalition challenges the status quo of “Pornland, OR”
- Extra, extra! Newspaper reporter interviews radical feminist!
- Radical Feminism on the Web: The Carnival of Radical Feminists
- Samantha Berg: HerStories interview
- Paradigm shifts and paying for sex
- The quest to be human: An interview with “Getting Off” author Robert Jensen
- Beyond Beats and Rhymes: A Hip-Hop Head Weighs in on Manhood in Hip-Hop Culture
- The New Antipornography Slide Show
- Pornography, Prostitution & Sex Trafficking: How Do You Tell the Difference?
- Hey, progressives! Cathouse got your tongue?
- Portland at crossroads of human trafficking
- “It’s up to you”: Prostitution, Censorship and Sweden
- Female Chauvinist Liz: Third wave feminism through the songs of Liz Phair
- The Harms of Gay Male Pornography: A Sexual Equality Perspective
- Memorial for civil rights leader Andrea Dworkin
- Giving the marginalized the tools to speak their voices
- Sex trafficking strikes closer to home than thought
- Media critics blind towards Playboy’s soft porn